Paul Giamatti, lovable harumpher around town, granted an interview with DNAInfo where he revealed that he visits local joints Teresa’s and Hanco’s. Unsurprisingly, he said he picked Brooklyn Heights to live in because, “I think it was just something pretty mellow and different from where I had lived, which was in the Lower East Side.” Surprisingly, he did not know Moonstruck was filmed here. But I think all can agree with his feelings toward the R line: “I used to be on the R. It was the most convenient line for me. It was right around the corner and now it’s shut down for like the next 12 years or something. It’s a big pain in the ass. That was the line that got me everywhere I needed to go. No more. I’m just screwed.” Read more here.
Paul Giamatti Speaks!
Connect with BHB
- “Moonstruck” House For Sale Again
- Coming Virtual Events from the Center for Brooklyn History
- Guardian Reviews “Not Another Second,” Photographic Show at Watermark About LGBTQ Seniors
- Watermark to Host Exhibit Honoring LGTBQ Seniors
- Don’t Miss “A Radio Christmas Carol” by Brooklyn Heights’ Own Theater 2020 Saturday, December 12
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.