Local writer Amy Grace Loyd, whose first novel, The Affairs of Others, was published last month, sounds off about the neighborhood in Brooklyn Magazine. A resident since the early ’90s, Loyd offers her opinions on best coffee (the oft-forgotten Connecticut Muffin), best place to see a movie (Heights Cinema) and, interestingly, best dry cleaners (Heights Cleaners). More of Loyd’s best-ofs, and what amuses her bouche, are here.
Writer Amy Grace Loyd on Brooklyn Heights
By Heather Quinlan on September 6, 2013 9:59 am in Arts and Entertainment, Celebrity Residents, Literature
Connect with BHB
- Artist, Philanthropist, Carousel Namesake, Jane Walentas Dies at 76
- The King of Staten Island Has a Brooklyn Heights Connection
- Brooklyn Historical Society Provides On Line Brain Food at Lunchtime
- Zoom Chat with Brooklyn Heights Preservation Pioneers the Pearsalls and Preservation Advocate Anthony Wood Wednesday Afternoon
- Brooklyn Women’s Exchange Taking Orders For Crafted Items; Offering Resources for Mask Making
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.