Today the City Council passed a resolution (approved by its Health Committee yesterday) that, according to the Eagle, “calls on the State University of New York and the State Department of Health to work with stakeholders to find a new owner for [Long Island College Hospital] the 150-year old Cobble Hill institution.” While the resolution doesn’t have the force of law, it has evidently, along with the efforts of other local politicos, doctors, nurses, staff, and concerned local residents, had some effect on management at SUNY Downstate who, the Daily News reports, have now “pledged” to “step up [their] search for a new operator” and “vowed to go statewide or possibly nationwide with their hunt for a hospital to take over LICH.”
Encouraging News on the #SaveLICH Front
Connect with BHB
- String Orchestra of Brooklyn at St. Ann & the Holy Trinity Saturday Evening
- BHA Annual Meeting Wednesday Evening, February 24; Brooklyn D.A. Thompson to Speak
- Sword Dance Festival at Library Saturday
- Let St. Francis College Prep You For St. Valentine’s Day
- Theater 2020 Presents A Little Night Music Starting This Weekend; Vaudeville Revue on Tuesday the 16th
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.