Sad news: One of the stalwarts of Montague Street has closed its doors after a robust 24 years. On November 30, St. Mark’s Comics at 148 Montague, which opened the satellite outlet in 1988, called it quits. A staffer told BHB today that it’s a familiar story along Brooklyn Heights’ primary retail corridor: a marked hike in rent. St. Mark’s Comics continues in its original location in Manhattan at 11 St. Marks Place. (Photo: Flickr/Pijus)
A Sad Farewell: After 24 Years, St. Mark’s Comics Shutters On Montague Street
Connect with BHB
- Violinist Molly Fletcher at St. Ann & the Holy Trinity Thursday
- Caffe Buon Gusto Closed? It’s Probably Just Temporary
- The BQE and Surfside: an Inevitable and Necessary Comparison
- St. Ann’s Church Presents “Cosmic American Music” Thursday Evening
- Brooklyn Heights Association to hold Party on the Promenade in September
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.