Sad news: One of the stalwarts of Montague Street has closed its doors after a robust 24 years. On November 30, St. Mark’s Comics at 148 Montague, which opened the satellite outlet in 1988, called it quits. A staffer told BHB today that it’s a familiar story along Brooklyn Heights’ primary retail corridor: a marked hike in rent. St. Mark’s Comics continues in its original location in Manhattan at 11 St. Marks Place. (Photo: Flickr/Pijus)
A Sad Farewell: After 24 Years, St. Mark’s Comics Shutters On Montague Street
Connect with BHB
- Montague Street Businesses Show the Love with Instagram Contest, Giveaways
- Theater 2020 Presents Into the Woods at St. Francis February 21 – March 17
- Incident At Clark Street And Columbia Heights This Afternoon
- Brooklyn Only Foods Opens on Henry St. (With a Speakeasy Entrance to As Of Now Gallery)
- Levin: “[T]here Has to be a Better Way” for BQE Repair
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.