After four nights shrouded in darkness following Hurricane Sandy, Con Edison reports that power has been restored to much of the Lower East Side and East Village and parts of Chelsea. But Battery Park and the Wall Street area remain without electricity. The utility said it expects to have power back in the bulk of Manhattan’s blackout zone Saturday. This pic taken on the Brooklyn Heights Promenade at 9 p.m. Friday shows the obvious border between downtown’s darkness and midtown’s light. (CT)
The Thin Line Between Light & Darkness
Connect with BHB
- Montague Street Businesses Show the Love with Instagram Contest, Giveaways
- Theater 2020 Presents Into the Woods at St. Francis February 21 – March 17
- Incident At Clark Street And Columbia Heights This Afternoon
- Brooklyn Only Foods Opens on Henry St. (With a Speakeasy Entrance to As Of Now Gallery)
- Levin: “[T]here Has to be a Better Way” for BQE Repair
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.