Scott Joplin was known as the “King of Ragtime.” His music is typically played on piano, but tomorrow (Saturday, March 10) afternoon, starting at 2:00, the Brooklyn Chapter of the American Guild of Organists will present a “Lecture-Demonstration by Gregory Eaton” at St. Ann & the Holy Trinity Church, Clinton and Montague Streets (enter on Clinton) in which Mr. Eaton will play works by Joplin on the church’s landmark 1925 Skinner organ. Admission is $10, but free for AGO members.
Rag on the Organ? Scott Joplin Concert at St. Ann’s Tomorrow
Connect with BHB
- Silhouette Maker Extends Her Stay
- Subway Violence Hits Close to Home
- Opening of New Brooklyn Heights Public Library Delayed Until Summer ’21
- Brooklyn Women’s Exchange Presents Silhouette Artist Deborah O’Connor – Send Her a Photo
- Public Programs and Exhibit at Center for Brooklyn History, formerly Brooklyn Historical Society
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.