ForgottenNY, one of BHB's favorite sites on the web, has recently released a book of photos. A few did not make the collection and are featured today at forgotten-ny.com. One of those photos is of a subway lamp on Montague Street at Court Street Station. (pictured above)
ForgottenNY writes: MONTAGUE STREET at Clinton Street, Brooklyn Heights. These octagonal-shaped station entrance luminaires were developed by the Brooklyn Rapid Transit Company (the BRT – predecessor of the BMT) and placed along the 4th Avenue Brooklyn line in 1916 when the line was opened. This is one of a pair that has been lovingly restored and put back to its original location at the Court Street station.