Yeah, we know, pumpkins are so October 31. But, wait. What kind of pie are you likely to be eating Thursday? Anyway, Karl and cam paid a visit to legendary carver and Brooklyn Heights resident Hugh McMahon’s workshop. We start with an overview of some of McMahon’s recent work, including carvings of presidents past and present, as well as icons of the entertainment world. We also see an NY1 clip of his huge carving in honor of the Mexican Day of the Dead, displayed at Chelsea Market in Manhattan. Karl then interviews the artist, who shows and discusses the making of his carving of Sitting Bull. Video after the jump.
Karl Visits Hugh McMahon’s Pumpkin Carvery
Connect with BHB
- Brooklyn Historical Society Opens “Waterfront” Exhibition, Presents Three Programs This Week
- Silhouette Artist At Brooklyn Women’s Exchange This Weekend
- Heights Resident Puts Brooklyn Bridge Park’s Pier 2 on New Yorker Cover
- Silhouette Artist Deborah O’Connor Returning to Brooklyn Women’s Exchange April 21-23
- Brooklyn Bridge Park Presents Artist Priscila De Carvahlo at 99 Plymouth Street Saturday Afternoon
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
- Open Thread Wednesday March 20, 2018
- Gun In Schools Vs. Neighborhood Noise March 20, 2018
- Public Schools Closed Tomorrow March 20, 2018
- Bargemusic This Weekend March 21, 2018
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.