There will be a rally on Pier 6, Brooklyn Bridge Park, this Sunday, May 15, starting at 1:00 p.m., to demand an end to all non-essential (i.e. tourist) helicopter flights from the Downtown Manhattan Heliport. Local elected officials, including Congresswoman Nydia Velazquez, State Senators Daniel Squadron and Velmanette Montgomery, Assemblywoman Joan Millman, and City Council Members Steve Levin and Brad Lander, will be there. Thanks to Judy Stanton, Executive Director of the Brooklyn Heights Association and Sen. Squadron for alerting us to this. Note: this post originally said Pier 1. Thanks to reader Squiggy I’ve corrected it to give the proper location, Pier 6
Rally Against Chopper Noise at Pier 6 Sunday
Connect with BHB
- Brooklyn Historical Society Opens “Waterfront” Exhibition, Presents Three Programs This Week
- Deadline for Kindergarten Applications this Friday; Pre-K Application Process Starts February 5
- Musical Interfaith Services at BHS and First Presbyterian to Celebrate MLK Jr. Weekend
- Harvard’s Krokodiloes Sing at Casino Friday to Benefit BHA
- “Chip In” and Recycle Your Christmas Tree
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
- Subway Service Alerts: Brooklyn Heights and Vicinity January 19, 2018
- Brooklyn Historical Society Opens “Waterfront” Exhibition, Presents Three Programs This Week January 21, 2018
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.