On Thursday evening, April 21, starting at 6:00, the Brooklyn Historical Society, 128 Pierrepont Street (corner of Clinton), in conjunction with the Center for Traditional Music and Dance, will present at the Society a lecture by Dr. Anne Rasmussen (photo), an ethnomusicologist and professor at the College of William and Mary, on the subject “Middle Eastern Music in Brooklyn: The New York Nahda.” Admission is a suggested donation of $5. More details are here.
BHS Presents Program on Middle Eastern Music
Connect with BHB
- Brooklyn Heights Braves the Chill to Dine Out and Support Local Restaurants
- Center for Brooklyn History Presents Discussion on Authoritarianism Wednesday
- Watermark to Host Exhibit Honoring LGTBQ Seniors
- Community Board 2 Executive Director Perris Resigns
- Work Has Begun on Emily Roebling Plaza, Final Portion of Brooklyn Bridge Park
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.