The NY Daily News posts a full account of Saturday night’s fatality at the Hotel St. George dorm:
NYDN: Cops are probing a Brooklyn College student’s fatal fall from an eighth-story dormitory window, which friends said occurred after he consumed hallucinogenic mushrooms.
Michael Simmons, 19, fell to his death around 2 a.m. Sunday from the St. George Hotel in Brooklyn Heights…
There was no criminality, said police, who had not determined whether it was a suicide or an accident, or whether drugs were involved. An autopsy is being performed.
Simmons took mushrooms with a small group of people last night, friends said. The group split up shortly before Simmons fell, added the friends, who declined to give their names.
Note: Mr. Simmons was a student at New York Conservatory of Dramatic Arts, not Brooklyn College as reported by the Daily News.
WABC-TV’s report after the jump (note to Carolina Leid: the Hotel St. George is in Brooklyn Heights, not Downtown Brooklyn):