Update: the survey resulted in Montague being kept open to car traffic on weekends. Our friends at the Montague Street BID and at Brooklyn Community Board 2 have alerted us to a poll being run by the BID asking whether Montague Street should be closed to auto traffic on Fridays from 5 to 10 p.m. and on Saturdays and Sundays from noon to 10 p.m. to allow restaurants to serve diners outdoors as part of the City’s Open Streets and Open Restaurants program. Responses are requested before this coming Tuesday, September 8. You may cast your ballot here.
Poll on Closing Montague Street for Outdoor Dining
By Claude Scales on September 4, 2020 9:05 am in 11201, Brooklyn Heights, Coronavirus, Restaurants, Streets
Connect with BHB
- Silhouette Maker Extends Her Stay
- Subway Violence Hits Close to Home
- Opening of New Brooklyn Heights Public Library Delayed Until Summer ’21
- Brooklyn Women’s Exchange Presents Silhouette Artist Deborah O’Connor – Send Her a Photo
- Public Programs and Exhibit at Center for Brooklyn History, formerly Brooklyn Historical Society
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.