The Brooklyn Heights Association has notified us that, beginning next week and going for a three week period during the hours 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, you may see workers using a device “larger than a hand-held metal detector but smaller than a lawn mower” along the inner edge of the Promenade. The device is a “ground penetrating radar” and will be used to map the exact location of the highest and innermost wall of the BQE’s triple cantilever (see image by NYC DOT), all of which which will later be undergoing extensive repair and reconstruction. The Promenade will remain open during this surveying operation. It may result in damage to some plants along the edge of the Promenade Gardens, but “any damaged plant materials will be replaced.”
BQE Rehab Prep to Begin Next Week
Connect with BHB
- Brooklyn Heights Braves the Chill to Dine Out and Support Local Restaurants
- Long Line for Covid-19 Vaccine Leads to Hope for More Time with Grandkids
- Center for Brooklyn History Presents Discussion on Authoritarianism Wednesday
- Donate to St. Ann’s Pop-Up Pantry to Help Those in Need
- Watermark to Host Exhibit Honoring LGTBQ Seniors
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.