The pool was slated to be removed after last year’s season, but got a one year lease on life thanks to the efforts of local residents and State Senator Daniel Squadron. At the time, Brooklyn Bridge Park Corporation officials said they would allow a one year extension while they considered other ways to provide a swimming venue. At present we have no indication of any such plans, so Love Our Pool has posted a petition on line to keep the pool open beyond the 2017 season. You may read, and if you wish sign it here.
Pop-Up Pool in Brooklyn Bridge Park to Open Thursday, June 29
Connect with BHB
- Vineapple’s Grand Reopening Today!
- Pastoring During a Pandemic: An Interview with Rev. Adriene Thorne of The First Presbyterian Church of Brooklyn
- A Day to Celebrate: Scenes from Day 1 of Phase 2 in Brooklyn Heights
- “Juneteenth Grove” Installed at Cadman Plaza Park as NYC Parks Declares Solidarity with Black Communities
- Coming at Brooklyn Historical Society
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.