The World Science Festival will return to Pier 1, Brooklyn Bridge Park, this Saturday evening, June 3 from 7:00 to 11:00. There will be telescopes for viewing celestial objects (the weather forecast is for clear skies), Bill Nye the Science Guy will be there for Q&A and book signing, and you can meet astronauts Yvonne Cagle and Leland Melvin. You may also participate in the Umbrella Project, arranged by the dance theater Pilobolus. Bring your future Neil deGrasse Tysons and Sally Rides; it should be great for the whole family, and it’s free. More information and directions here.
World Science Festival Returns to Brooklyn Bridge Park Saturday Evening
By Claude Scales on June 1, 2017 11:11 pm in 11201, Astronomy, brooklyn bridge park, Events, Fun, Kids, Nature, Parents
Connect with BHB
- Haves and Have Nots: Elite Brooklyn Private Schools Rake in Millions in Federal Paycheck Aid-DOE Budgets Slashed
- DeBlasio Announces Hybrid Back-To-School Plans For September
- Artist, Philanthropist, Carousel Namesake, Jane Walentas Dies at 76
- Clark Street Elevator Repairs on Hold; MTA to do Borough Hall First
- New Section of Brooklyn Bridge Park Opens
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.