According to the Daily News, a Brooklyn Heights man, Nick Johnson, 28, has caught all 142 of the pokemon available in the U.S. in the game Pokemon GO. The News story notes that Johnson has accomplished this while putting in 50 plus hours a week as platform manager for a startup company, and also while catching some of the wily critters for his girlfriend. Johnson says he can go on little sleep, at least for short periods of time. He’s caught most of his pokemon in Manhattan and Brooklyn, but had to go to Jersey City for one rare variety, and is considering, after catching up on sleep, seeing if he can find a travel company to partner with or sponsor a worldwide pokemon hunt to catch those varieties only available in other continents.
Brooklyn Heights Man is Pokemon GO Champ
Connect with BHB
- Center for Brooklyn History Presents Discussion on Authoritarianism Wednesday
- Donate to St. Ann’s Pop-Up Pantry to Help Those in Need
- Watermark to Host Exhibit Honoring LGTBQ Seniors
- Community Board 2 Executive Director Perris Resigns
- Work Has Begun on Emily Roebling Plaza, Final Portion of Brooklyn Bridge Park
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.