The Brooklyn Women’s Exchange, 55 Pierrepont Street, will open for its 161st season tomorrow (Saturday, September 12), following its annual summer holiday. The store, which is a non-profit organization that takes consignments from local and other handcrafters, is perhaps best known for its selection of children’s clothing–with an expanded offering of boys’ clothing this year–and toys, but it also has books for both kids and adults, many of local interest, greeting cards, ceramics, and other household goods. It also has local jams and honey (photo). Store hours are 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, closed Monday, and 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Tuesday through Friday. More information here.
Brooklyn Women’s Exchange Re-opens This Weekend
Connect with BHB
- Open Thread Wednesday
- Subway Service Alerts: Brooklyn Heights and Vicinity
- Car Crashes Into Lamp Post on Montague St. – Pedestrians Spared, The Lamp Post Not So Much
- Cuomo Counsel: Ask and You Shall Receive Design/Build for BQE
- NYC DOT Engineer Says Keeping Traffic Off Brooklyn Heights Streets High Priority
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
- Open Thread Wednesday March 20, 2018
- Gun In Schools Vs. Neighborhood Noise March 20, 2018
- Public Schools Closed Tomorrow March 20, 2018
- Bargemusic This Weekend March 21, 2018
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.