Landmarks has approved restoration of a beauty of a carriage house at 165 Columbia Heights, which currently is adorned in white stucco. Curbed reports that the former Jehovah’s Witness property, which sold last year for $4.1 million, will be stripped of the facade—added in 1932—to restore the brownstone brick underneath.
Ann Krsul is the architect charged with restoring the facade for owners the Feigers. If, in fact, the brick turns out to be un-restorable, salvaged brick will be used. In addition, the steel windows will be restored back to their original wood.
The Landmarks Commission approved the plans unanimously.