As much as Christmas trees are a seasonal tradition, so is the presence of Patti Romp and her son Tim in front of Key Food at 102 Montague Street. The Middlebury, Vermont-based pair has been selling trees in Brooklyn Heights for years, and have become such a part of the neighborhood that BHB’s Karl Junkersfeld interviewed them exactly one year ago here. In addition, the Romps have fostered such acclaim for their goods that The New York Times profiled the family here.
Christmas Romp: Longtime Tree Sellers Return To Brooklyn Heights
Connect with BHB
- Christoph Niemann, Brooklyn Heights and Berlin Artist, Has Gallery Opening in DUMBO Thursday Evening
- Repast Baroque Ensemble Presents “Telemann: the Faithful Music Master” Saturday Afternoon
- A Murder is Announced—in March
- Brooklyn Art Song Society Presents “February House” at First Unitarian Friday Evening
- Heather Wolf Presents “Warbler Wednesday” at Estuary; Bird Walk in Brooklyn Bridge Park Saturday
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.