As much as Christmas trees are a seasonal tradition, so is the presence of Patti Romp and her son Tim in front of Key Food at 102 Montague Street. The Middlebury, Vermont-based pair has been selling trees in Brooklyn Heights for years, and have become such a part of the neighborhood that BHB’s Karl Junkersfeld interviewed them exactly one year ago here. In addition, the Romps have fostered such acclaim for their goods that The New York Times profiled the family here.
Christmas Romp: Longtime Tree Sellers Return To Brooklyn Heights
Connect with BHB
- String Orchestra of Brooklyn at St. Ann & the Holy Trinity Saturday Evening
- BHA Annual Meeting Wednesday Evening, February 24; Brooklyn D.A. Thompson to Speak
- Sword Dance Festival at Library Saturday
- Let St. Francis College Prep You For St. Valentine’s Day
- Theater 2020 Presents A Little Night Music Starting This Weekend; Vaudeville Revue on Tuesday the 16th
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.