As BHB reported November 9, Red Hook’s Fairway Market suffered major damage from Hurricane Sandy. with the 52,000sf waterfront grocery at the base of Van Brunt taking on 5 feet of water and closed “indefinitely” as rebuilding ensues. Red Hook store General Manager Andy Zuleta has posted a video showing the destruction, cleanup efforts and his optimism for a bigger, badder locale in the near future. See it here, posted on November 13.
VIDEO: Red Hook Fairway Determined To Come Back Better Than Ever
Connect with BHB
- Brooklyn Heights Braves the Chill to Dine Out and Support Local Restaurants
- Long Line for Covid-19 Vaccine Leads to Hope for More Time with Grandkids
- Center for Brooklyn History Presents Discussion on Authoritarianism Wednesday
- Donate to St. Ann’s Pop-Up Pantry to Help Those in Need
- Watermark to Host Exhibit Honoring LGTBQ Seniors
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.