Police are seeking three men suspected of hitting the Sovereign branch at 195 Montague Street in Brooklyn Heights at about 10:20 a.m. last Thursday. The New York Post reports that one of the thugs barked at a teller, “Put all the money on the counter! No dye pack! And don’t make me use the gun!” The teller complied, and the robber stuffed a wad of bills into a bag as an accomplice served as lookout. The third then whipped out a black semiautomatic pistol from under a newspaper and yelled, “I don’t wanna shoot anyone!” All three then fled with an undisclosed amount of money. A pic of two of the bank robbers is here.
Robbery At Brooklyn Heights’ Sovereign Bank!
Connect with BHB
- Montague Street Businesses Show the Love with Instagram Contest, Giveaways
- Theater 2020 Presents Into the Woods at St. Francis February 21 – March 17
- Incident At Clark Street And Columbia Heights This Afternoon
- Brooklyn Only Foods Opens on Henry St. (With a Speakeasy Entrance to As Of Now Gallery)
- Levin: “[T]here Has to be a Better Way” for BQE Repair
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.