SUNY Downstate Medical Center at Long Island College Hospital (“LICH”) has applied to LIVESTRONG, a partner of the Lance Armstrong Foundation, for funds to bring an artist-in-residence program to its Othmer Cancer Center in order to improve the lives of cancer patients. LICH is a finalist in the competition for funds, and the institution that gets the most on-line votes will win the grant. You can cast your vote here. The deadline for voting is this Thursday, March 23, at 5:00 p.m., so if you wish to vote, please do it promptly.
LICH Needs Your Vote by 5:00 P.M. Thursday
Connect with BHB
- Car Crashes Into Lamp Post on Montague St. – Pedestrians Spared, The Lamp Post Not So Much
- Cuomo Counsel: Ask and You Shall Receive Design/Build for BQE
- NYC DOT Engineer Says Keeping Traffic Off Brooklyn Heights Streets High Priority
- Theater 2020’s Assassins, at St. Francis, Hits the Mark
- “Motherless Brooklyn” Movie Shoot Transforms Henry Street
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
- Open Thread Wednesday March 20, 2018
- Gun In Schools Vs. Neighborhood Noise March 20, 2018
- Public Schools Closed Tomorrow March 20, 2018
- Bargemusic This Weekend March 21, 2018
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.