Huffington Post: One day, I, along with a few live-on-the-same-block pals, were hanging out on my stoop on a dull nothing-to-do overcast day. I became aware of an approaching presence across our sleepy street. I turned to see who was walking north and it was… A Rolling Stone!
There is no other way to put it. This tall thin translucently pale guy was wearing a radical rust colored suede sports coat, bright red wide-wale corduroy pants, a green and orange paisley shirt, actual black leather Beatle boots, not Flagg Brothers’ facsimiles in brown suede. But, it was his hair that just blew us all away. It was wavy strawberry blonde, pulled behind his ears, and down past his collar by at least 8 inches. Simply the longest hair we’d ever seen on a guy, longer than any of the current Brit rock stars even. Almost like a man with Rita Hayworth hair. Best of all, this guy actually looked like a cross between Mick Jagger and Keith Richards (and The Move’s fabulous Ace Kefford!), the same cartoon pout and craggy cheekbones. We couldn’t believe our eyes, floored! Did a guy this radically world-class cool actually exist in Brooklyn Heights?!
How a Brooklyn Heights Kid Discovered The Who #Backintheday
Connect with BHB
- New Staten Island Ferry Named for Dorothy Day, Brooklyn Heights Native
- Of Addresses Renumbered and Other Curiosities of Brooklyn Heights History
- Long Line for Covid-19 Vaccine Leads to Hope for More Time with Grandkids
- Center for Brooklyn History Presents Discussion on Authoritarianism Wednesday
- Work Has Begun on Emily Roebling Plaza, Final Portion of Brooklyn Bridge Park
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.