“Tis the Season to be Jolly”, and this morning, hundreds of merry-makers gathered at Brooklyn Bridge Park, tricked out as Santas, Mrs. Clauses, elves, reindeer, penguins (?), Christmas Trees — and someone labeled “Hanukkah Harry” — to join in the annual rite of SANTA CON, a free-wheeling holiday celebration organized by Facebook Pages and Twitter feeds. Santa is, of course, nothing without presents, and partakers were asked to bring non-perishable foods, which members of the USMC will deliver to the Food Bank for NYC. The assembled masses will spend the day meandering through area bars, and if they follow form from previous years, will be seen around the city late into the evening.
SANTACON Kicks Off at Brooklyn Bridge Park
Connect with BHB
- BQE Below Brooklyn Heights Being Resurfaced
- R.I.P. Martin Schneider, Brooklyn Heights Preservation Pioneer
- Cranberry’s Says So Long to Brooklyn Heights After 42 Years in Business
- Vineapple’s Grand Reopening Today!
- Pastoring During a Pandemic: An Interview with Rev. Adriene Thorne of The First Presbyterian Church of Brooklyn
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.