The P.S. 8 PTA will hold its annual Paddlewheeler Festival this Saturday from 10AM – 1PM. The day will kick off with an opening parade with Ha! Ha! B. Klown (photo) and the fest includes performances by the P.S. 8 cheerleaders and chrous.
SATURDAY MAY 10TH. 10AM TO 1PM.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
AUDITORIUM STAGE (First Floor)
- 10:00 am Opening Parade with Ha! Ha! B. Klown, please join in!
10:30 am PS 8 Cheerleaders under the direction of Coach Bob Mikos
11:00 am PS 8 Chorus under the direction of Ms. Martin
11:30 am High School Musical II Interactive Dance lead by Ms. Josette D’Ambrosi
12:15 pm PTA Presentation: the facts on 2008/9 resources & PTA fundraising (2nd chance to see an informative presentation that was well received at the General Meeting)
(In the event of rain, we will move most activities indoors.)
- Poplar Street & The School Yard
- Firefighters & Fire Trucks of the Middagh Street Fire Station
- Design & Make a Bag
- Make a Fish Frame or Button Fish
- Face Painting
- Ring Toss
- Fishing Pond
- Chalk Zone – sidewalk drawing
- Bubble Fun
- Spin Art
- Bean Bag Toss
- In The School Yard
- Jump in- Jump Rope- Hosted by Mr. Jansen- 10:30 to 11:00
- How Low Can You Go – Limbo – Hosted by Mr. Jansen – 11:00 am to 11:30
No charge for Auditorium Stage Entertainment, Chalk Zone and Competitions.
Purchase Tickets for arts and crafts, food, games, and other activities.
THE FESTIVAL CREW
The PTA would like to express our deep appreciation to all the parent and community volunteers who worked tirelessly to make the Paddlewheeler a grand event. Special thanks to:
- Anthony Snyder and his maintenance crew for their help staging the event.
- Sista Zaraya & Watoto Entertainment for providing our MC
- Mr. Mikos, Ms. D’Amborosi and Ms. Martin for directing some of our entertainment
- Mr. Jansen for hosting our competitions.
- Mr. Phillips, Mr. Mikos, the teachers, and staff of PS8 for their contributions to the event and for all their great work throughout the year.