From the folks at the P.S. 8 PTA:
The PTA of PS 8 is holding its annual Spring Auction on April 10th. All are invited, so please join us for live music, hors d’oeuvres and drinks to celebrate our school and support our children. We have a lot of great items to auction off including:
- A baking lesson for up to six children at Almondine
- A special six bottle wine tasting with a wine expert from Gnarly Vines
- Vacation houses in Hudson, Fire Island, and Block Island
- A full summer and a three-week session for your child at a sleep away camp
- A two-week session at Oasis Downtown summer camp
- Special offers from the Park Slope Day Camp, Music for Aardvarks and the Little Gym
- A green market shopping trip and dinner party for up to 8 with a chef
- Original artwork from noted local artists
- Ten sessions with a personal trainer at the Fitness Guru
Tickets are $50 in advance and $75 at the door and can be bought at www.ps8pta.org
The PS 8 Annual Spring Auction
Thursday, April 10th
7:00 to 9:00 pm
Hillis Hall at Plymouth Church
All proceeds from the Auction go to pay for teaching assistants and to cover the costs of our enrichment program. PS 8’s enrichment program isn’t just an offering of elective classes, it is a crucial component of our children’s education and an important part of how PS 8 has transformed itself from one of New York City’s failing Public Schools just a few years ago into the highly regarded school that it is today.
The enrichment program expands our core curriculum by adding art, dance, chess, science and many other valuable classes that enhance our children’s education, spark their imaginations and demonstrate the value of a good education beyond report cards and standardized tests.
We hope to see you there.