ArtDaily.com: The New York Transit Museum presents the exhibit Front Lines Rebuilding the Rails After 9/11 Photographs by Sam Hollenshead starting September 5 and running through December 10, 2006. When the two towers of the World Trade Center collapsed on September 11, 2001, an explosion of steel, glass, concrete, and heat crashed down upon the earth. At the precise moment of their collapse, the North and South towers registered 2.3 and 2.1, respectively, on the Richter Scale. The ruins above ground provided a glimpse of the destruction below. Beneath the massive pile of debris was a ruptured chamber of rubble where the 1 and 9 subway and the PATH train to New Jersey ran.
Subway Rebuilding Theme of New Exhibit
Connect with BHB
- Grace Chorale’s Spanish Themed Holiday Concert at St. Ann’s Church Sunday Afternoon
- What’s in the Stars for 2018? Find Out at Brooklyn Historical Society’s Free Friday This Week
- Promenade Tree Lighting Wednesday; Celebrate After at Brooklyn Women’s Exchange
- This Saturday, Shakespeare for Your Wee Bards
- Silhouette Artist At Brooklyn Women’s Exchange This Weekend
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.