This just in from Montague BID – the schedule for Sunday’s final Summer Space. Get ready the Heights Players will be performing and there will be volleyball and skateboarding.
Update: 9/27 Due to rain here’s the new schedule:
It’s raining! We’re shifting some of the activities for Montague Street’s Summer Space event to the late afternoon, when it’s supposed to dry out a bit. See below for a revised schedule:
12:00 volleyball (as scheduled)
3:30 Heights Players perform excerpts from “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown”
4:00 all-ages parade of decorated bikes, trikes, scooters and strollers
4:30 kids yoga from Yoga People
All-day activities (skateboarding, drawing lessons, chess, basketball, face painting, outdoor lounge, sidewalk sales, etc.) will be offered from 3 to 5.
New times are, of course, weather permitting! Look for notice boards along the street with revised information!
Brooklyn Heights’ final Summer Space event will be held on Montague Street this Sunday, September 27th, from noon to 5 p.m.
Scheduled events include:
· 12 p.m.: street volleyball, sponsored by the Dodge YMCA
· 1 p.m.: an all-ages wheeled parade of bikes, trikes, scooters, and strollers. Kids and grownups can decorate their ride, then come join in a fancy promenade down Montague Street.
· 2 p.m.: free outdoor kids’ yoga, offered by Yoga People
· 3 p.m.: a performance from “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown” by the Heights Players
Other great free activities will be offered all day, including:
· skateboarding lessons from the Brooklyn Skateboarding Academy
· face-painting by Ricky’s NYC
· a sidewalk-chalk community art project
· toys and games — hula hoops, jump ropes, and more
· a fire truck, courtesy of the Middagh Street firehouse