Movies filming in Brooklyn and specifically Brooklyn Heights is a great thing. You can’t dispute the fact that the classic image of Cher walking down Cranberry Street in Moonstruck will forever be etched in the minds of romantics across the globe.
On Tuesday, a real life Conrad Birdie – Twilight’s Robert Pattinson – will be here shooting his new flick Remember Me. It’s already taken Cobble Hill by storm and we’re not expecting any less of his fans here.
If you’re planning on stalking errr watching the filming, tweet us your photos [@bkheightsblog @brooklynbugle] or upload them to the BHB Photo Club on Flickr.
And now the bad news – parking or the lack thereof is going to be a nightmare. Details after the jump.
Here are the basics:
- Filming takes place on Tuesday (7/14) from 6AM – 9PM.
- The “Twilight Zone” of filming will be: Cranberry Street between Columbia Heights and Willow Street.
- If you’re parked in the following places AFTER 8PM on MONDAY (7/13) YOU WILL BE TOWED:
- Both sides of Cranberry between Columbia Heights and Henry
- Both sides of Willow between Orange and Middagh
- Both sides of Hicks between Orange and Poplar
- Both sides of Middagh between Hicks and Henry
- Both sides of Cadman Plaza West between Prospect and Clark
- North side of Middagh between Cadman Plaza West and Henry
If your vehicle is “relocated” you may call the movie’s Production Office at 212-921-770 or the NYPD tow unit at 212-971-0780 to locate it.
Residents with any other issues may call the Production Office as well.