My wife walked by Grand Canyon, 141 Montague Street, yesterday, and was dismayed to find it closed. She loved its burgers; our friend Edmund delighted in its turkey clubs. A sign taped to the door says, “Grand Canyon is CLOSING. We thank you for 32 years of support.” No word on why, other than a suggestion that it may have been an untenable rent increase. What else is new?
Goodbye, Grand Canyon
Connect with BHB
- Aarti, Hindu Lamp Ceremony, at Brooklyn Bridge Park Saturday
- Nick Balaban Sings and Plays at St. Ann & the Holy Trinity Thursday
- “Night Out” Presented by 84th Precinct Community Council Tuesday
- Ready for Some Kora Music? St. Ann & the Holy Trinity Thursday
- Three Public Art Installations at Brooklyn Bridge Park
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
- Nick Balaban Sings and Plays at St. Ann & the Holy Trinity Thursday July 31, 2021
- Aarti, Hindu Lamp Ceremony, at Brooklyn Bridge Park Saturday August 1, 2021
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.