As mentioned in a previous post, today marks the 63rd anniversary of the opening of the Promenade. Here, for your edification, is an unreleased photo of the occasion, taken from a high floor of 2 Montague Terrace. (Click through to the photo for its highest resolution!)
Opening Day: A Closer Look
By weegee on October 7, 2013 6:03 pm in Architecture, brooklyn bridge park, Brooklyn Heights, Brooklyn History, Events, History, Landmark Preservation, News, Photography
Connect with BHB
- Fox 5 NY Praises Brooklyn Heights Residents For Beautifying Tree Pits
- An Evening with Bestselling Author of ‘Pachinko,’ Min Jin Lee, at First Presbyterian – Nov. 13 at 7:00 p.m.
- Architects Ponder BQE Options
- Housing Works Thrift Shops Coming Back to Montague St.!
- Subway Service Alerts: Brooklyn Heights and Nearby
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.