This Friday, June 21, there will be a a marathon free concert, “Tradition with a Twist” featuring diverse styles of music, at the Granite Prospect on Pier 1, Brooklyn Bridge Park. It will begin at 2:30 in the afternoon and go until sunset at 8:31. The headline act is the Balinese orchestra Gamelan Dharma Swara (photo from their website, by Widnyana Sudibya), who invited some of their friends to come along and play. Among these are: country and bluegrass group Chicken Barn Heroes; the Bleecker String Quartet; the “[e]lectric, sweaty, bumpin’ Balkan music” group Tipsy Oxcart; percussion ensemble Akshara, whose style is rooted in Indian classical music; American roots musicians Union Street Preservation Society; Australian jazz singer Nerissa Campbell, and bagpiper Matthew Welch. Performance times are here. The concert is part of MakeMusicNewYork.
“Tradition with a Twist”: Free Concert at Pier 1 Friday Afternoon and Evening
Connect with BHB
- Brooklyn Heights Braves the Chill to Dine Out and Support Local Restaurants
- Long Line for Covid-19 Vaccine Leads to Hope for More Time with Grandkids
- Center for Brooklyn History Presents Discussion on Authoritarianism Wednesday
- Donate to St. Ann’s Pop-Up Pantry to Help Those in Need
- Watermark to Host Exhibit Honoring LGTBQ Seniors
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.