A BHB tipster sent us this photo of a NYC Department of Health notice closing Bubby’s [1 Main Street] in DUMBO. The eatery racked up a whopping 56 violation points during its last inspection on June 27. From the DOH website:
Violation points: 56
Violations were cited in the following area(s).
1) Raw, cooked or prepared food is adulterated, contaminated, cross-contaminated, or not discarded in accordance with HACCP plan.
2) Live roaches present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.
3) Filth flies or food/refuse/sewage-associated (FRSA) flies present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas. Filth flies include house flies, little house flies, blow flies, bottle flies and flesh flies. Food/refuse/sewage-associated flies include fruit flies, drain flies and Phorid flies.
4) Food not protected from potential source of contamination during storage, preparation, transportation, display or service.
5) Food contact surface not properly washed, rinsed and sanitized after each use and following any activity when contamination may have occurred.
6) Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.
7) Plumbing not properly installed or maintained; anti-siphonage or backflow prevention device not provided where required; equipment or floor not properly drained; sewage disposal system in disrepair or not functioning properly.
We were there a couple of weeks ago and the food was good and no one ended up in the Emergency Room. However, they were “86’d” on many regular menu items and the waitstaff seemed to be compensating for a horribly run and inefficient kitchen. We hope they resolve the issue soon as Bubby’s is overall a great place to eat and to take kids.