Watch your Wires!

Just before noon, the Fire Department responded to 37 Cranberry Street on a report of a fire in the basement.  Upon arrival, they discovered a dangerous (and illegal) electrical wiring condition.  Apparently, the main feeder cable from the street supply was wired directly into the meter pan, where it shorted out and arced.  Fortunately, there was no prolonged fire condition, and Con Edison was called to deal with the situation.


Photos by Marc Hermann for Brooklyn Heights Blog. 

Share this Story:
Comments are closed.