1. The sprinklers are on every day at the pocket park at the end of State Street. Even though I feel somewhat foolish I do join in the fun from time to time.
2. Even the prettiest of flower boxes are beginning to look a bit bedraggled.
3. Mandals (man sandals) are everywhere.
4. Kids spend the day in their bathing suits (well at least this was true where I grew up)
5. Every other person is eating ice cream or frozen yogurt.
6. The pool at the local YMCA is never NOT crowded.
7. The streets are deserted on the weekends. Where is everyone, and can I go with you next time?
8. Outdoor cafes are packed and the Margaritas are flowing.
9. The drone of helicopters has been replaced with the hum of air conditioners.
10. And the number one sign that it’s summer in Brooklyn is ____________________. You fill in the blank.