Monday evening, December 10, in celebration of Chanukah, Brooklyn Borough Prez Marty Markowitz joined Rabbi Aaron L. Raskin of Congregation B’nai Avraham and Rabbi Simcha Weinstein, along with Paul Amit, a parent from Kiddie Korner, and other officials to light Brooklyn’s 29-foot menorah in front of the Supreme Court building in Columbus Park/Borough Hall Plaza.
Brooklyn’s Chanukah Menorah Beams At Borough Hall
By Chuck Taylor on December 11, 2012 11:17 am in Brooklyn Heights, Events, Government, Kids, Religion
Connect with BHB
- Grace Church Names Rev. Dr. Allen F. Robinson its New Rector
- Musical Interfaith Services at BHS and First Presbyterian to Celebrate MLK Jr. Weekend
- NYC Schools Open Tomorrow; Alternate Side Rules Suspended Through Saturday
- Harvard’s Krokodiloes Sing at Casino Friday to Benefit BHA
- “Chip In” and Recycle Your Christmas Tree
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.